Pooly's Kunst und Schreibforum

Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

2 verfasser

Sean Platt - Write. Publish. Repeat.

Baltimore
    Baltimore
    Von allen bewunderter Meister der Künste
    Von allen bewunderter Meister der Künste

Laune : Starwood Choker.
    Ich schreibe : Momentan an Sie Sagen Van Gogh Hat Gelbe Farbe Gefressen.
    Texte : Baltimore Kunst: Baltimore
    Sonstiges :
    Sean Platt - Write. Publish. Repeat. Party_10

Sean Platt - Write. Publish. Repeat. Empty Sean Platt - Write. Publish. Repeat.

Beitrag von Baltimore So 03 Mai 2015, 13:03

Hey ihr Lieben,
    auch dieses Buch habe ich vor geraumer Weile gelesen und es hat mir ziemlich gut gefallen und mir geholfen, meine Prioritäten beim Selfpublishing zu ordnen und mich mit dem Wort 'Marketing' anzufreunden. Also dachte ich, zeige ich euch mal meine kurze Rezension, die auf Englisch verfasst ist.

Inhalt:
    Write. Publish. Repeat. explains the current self-publishing landscape and covers the truths and myths about what it means to be an indie author now and in the foreseeable future -- beyond just "how to write a novel" or NaNoWriMo and delving into the brass-tacks realities of indie publishing. It explains how to create books your readers will love and will want to return to again and again. Write. Publish. Repeat. details expert methods for enhancing creativity, building story worlds, characters, and plots, understanding your market (right down to your ideal reader), using the best tools possible to capture your draft, and explains proven best practices for editing. The book also discusses covers, titles, formatting, pricing, and publishing to multiple platforms, plus a bit on getting your books into print (and why that might not be a good idea!). But most importantly, Write. Publish. Repeat. details the psychology-driven marketing plan that Sean and Johnny built to shape their stories into "products" that readers couldn't help but be drawn into -- thus almost automatically generating sales -- and explores ways that smart, business-minded writers can do the same to future-proof their careers. (Quelle: Amazon)
    LINK ZU AMAZON:
    http://www.amazon.de/Publish-Repeat-No-Luck-Required-Self-Publishing-Success-ebook/dp/B00H26IFJS

Meine Meinung:
    I absolutely loved it. This is the book all indie-authors and those to-be should read! Yes, it's a thick book, but still I've read it within three days. I feel like this book has opened my eyes a bit, probably because I've been publishing obliviously into the void without having any 'radar' for what was good and what bad.
    This book has really helped me to find out, what I want as an author and how to get it. It also hooked me on everything Sean, Johnny and Dave. They did a great job and I can totally see how they've gotten do good at what they. What I have to do now is ... exactly! Write!

I gave this book 4 stars, 4 very very good stars. In the end it was a bit repetative and I thought it was REALLY MEAN to end this book without telling us how their enormously fast workspeed is happening. So, I probably HAVE to get the sort-of-sequel as soon as my wallet allows it.
    ftranschel
    ftranschel
    Neu im Lande
    Neu im Lande

Ich schreibe : Dystopische Sci-Fi
    Texte : ftranschel
    Kunst : ftranschel

Sean Platt - Write. Publish. Repeat. Empty Re: Sean Platt - Write. Publish. Repeat.

Beitrag von ftranschel Di 26 Mai 2015, 13:49

Baltimore schrieb:I thought it was REALLY MEAN to end this book without telling us how their enormously fast workspeed is happening

1. Ja, sie wissen schon, wie man einen Cliffhanger macht :)

2. Im Grunde wird es doch erklärt: Halte Dich nicht mit Kleinigkeiten auf.[1] Geübte Schreiber schaffen bis zu 3k Wörter pro Stunde, wenn es sauber vorgeplottet ist. Das macht bei einem standardmäßigen 60k-Werk 20 Stunden, also gerade einmal zweieinhalb Tage, bis das Manuskript steht. Korrektur veranschlagen sie etwa genauso lange, wenn ich das aus den Podcasts richtig in Erinnerung habe.

3. Ob das gehobene Literatur produziert oder Stangenware, muss jeder für sich selbst entscheiden. Nach meiner Erfahrung kann ich sagen: Alles, was sie beschreiben, ist wahr. Das bedeutet aber nicht, dass es auch eine erstrebenswerte Arbeitsweise ist.

[1] Amerikaner reden ja gerne vom "80/20". Also: Konzentration auf's Wesentliche. Erna Meier kann gerne vier Jahrzehnte an ihrem Lebenswerk feilen, aber das ist nicht das Ziel von WPR.

Aktuelles Datum und Uhrzeit: So 19 Mai 2024, 02:32